SNA Practice Areas and Services
- Special Needs Trusts and WillsSNA member attorneys are experienced authors of Special Needs Trusts (SNT) and Wills for individuals with special needs. Their understanding of this discipline will help to provide long-term financial security, and a responsible disbursement of assets through the drafting of Wills.
- Medicaid, SSI and Entitlement Program EligibilityPersonal injury awards and structured settlements may compromise an individual’s ability to access public benefits like Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Plaintiff attorneys can partner with an SNA member attorney to discuss ways in which to protect those benefits for their clients.
- Estate, Trust and Tax Planning for Individuals with Disabilities and their FamiliesMany SNA attorneys are also tax professionals who can bring their unique understanding of law and accounting to clients in need. You can work with an SNA attorney to best determine how to maximize deductions without compromising estates and trusts.
- Financial Planning and Legal Assistance for Individuals with DisabilitiesSNA attorneys offer a full suite of financial and legal assistance for individuals with special needs, including: drafting demand packages, settlement negotiations, Probate Court appearances and motion filings.
- Guardianships and ConservatorshipsGuardianships, Conservatorships, and the many available alternatives are a significant part of our members’ practices. SNA attorneys have substantial expertise in establishing, defending, and administering a guardianship or conservatorship whenever necessary or required to meet the needs of an elderly or disabled family member.
- Assistance with Personal Injury/Medical Malpractice SettlementsWith a dedication to disability and public benefits law, as well as strong relationships with financial institutions, SNA members are well-equipped to assist personal injury attorneys in matters involving individuals with special needs.
- Trust and Estate Distributions and Fiduciary AccountingsSNA member attorneys have extensive experience in the distribution of trust and estate monies, as well as the tax experience necessary to ensure that funds and fund transfers are handled properly.
- Estate and Trust AdministrationIn cases that require a third-party administrator to oversee an Estate or Trust, SNA member attorneys are skilled in assuming those responsibilities. They bring to bear all the requisite knowledge and experience that provides families and caregivers peace of mind.
- Health Care Decisions and Advance DirectivesSNA attorneys frequently confront the issue of personal control of health care decision making as it pertains to disabled and elderly clients. We are familiar with the issues and problems facing these clients as they plan for their long-term health care.
Read The Voice®